Hmmm. I realize I haven't been around in a while, and I don't really have a firm reason why. I think I've just become obsessed with a variety of things, and then they end up sucking in all my time. There was a 4 week period where I was thinking about Paninis every spare second, and yes, there was an amazing proscuitto and brie panini that resulted in that focus, but I probably could have unraveled the space-time continuum if I was broadening my focus in other ways.
So here is a list of some of the things that are circulating in my brain as my next potential obsession.
1. Wrapping paper. It's so much more than a present covering. It's an actual present itself. I am obsessed as to why amazon.com does not have a large selection. And I am loving the container store selection. Also, Ribbon should be in it's own category, but I'm putting it here due to this corollary to the wrapping obsession... RIBBON is not plastic bows that you stick on a present with adhesive tabbies. It's long thin pretty ribbon you tie in a shoestring bow yourself. THAT is what makes a present.
2. Chinese Democracy. Not the album itself, but these fans who insist on proving they own something. Like that makes them a part of something bigger than just listening to music. It makes them cool...or does it? And since my boyfriend is on there as one of those GNR lovers, the answer is yes, baby...you are cool.
3. Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. It just seems wrong. And yet, oh so right.
4. Dry skin. Which moisturizer is the best, and why? Is there a way to drink some cocktail of vitamins that will go straight to your skin and make it smooth? Why do I care? Why is my forearm totally moisturized, and my upper arm totally dry? Isnt all the skin connected? Or is there some rhyme and reason to my patchiness?
5. Obama's fireside chats. No, I haven't seen it, but it seems like a topic I COULD obsess on, that's why I seem to be avoiding watching it.
6. Facebook. It's just so....useless. And yet, there I am on it all the time.
7. These Burlesque costumes on ebay. They are awesome. I mean...awesome.
8. Ugg boots. I am getting to this concept about 4 years too late, but I LOVE my stupid little Target Ugg ripoffs.
9. Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta.
10. Paninis. I don't think I'm done with this yet. I bought a panini maker, and now my obsession is expanding into crudites, and miniature sandwiches. This is a problem. Help me! At least help me eat what I make...