Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Not-So Real Genius


My dream is finally coming true! I'm starting at M.I.T. in the Fall!

Ok - not really. I'm getting my geek on by taking the online courses M.I.T. offers. Nearly its entire undergraduate and graduate curriculum is represented in free online courses. What's the catch you ask? I can't legally enroll, take classes on campus, or earn my long-missing Ph.D. in Physics. But I can at least tell people I'm attending M.I.T.

You won't tell anyone, will you?

I'm sure you're asking, 'Who in their right mind would take Graduate Quantum Physics if they don't have to?'

Um...that would be me.

And who told you I was in my right mind? I handled radioactive Uranium with my bare hands. If that doesn't bode badly for my mental state, I don't know what does.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey, congratulations! That sounds like a good time...for someone with a completely different brain than me. Me, I think I'd prefer online traffic school.