Monday, March 27, 2006

Here's to you, Mrs. Greggory...

"Thank you Mrs. Greggory"

I took this comment from the Von's check-out girl in stride, and said 'You're welcome" without a thought. Actually the thought I had was 'how cute!' imagining my little blond haired bi-racial kids with Devon Greggory - my former producing partner. It was with him I got this Vons card, for our craft-services needs.

I felt a twinge of betrayal for feminism that I wasn't offended that this check-out lady had assumed I was married, and assumed my card was with my spouse, and of course - I was shopping for my little family of 2.5 kids, dog and hardworking husband. Only a twinge, since the thought appeals to me. Possibly years from now when I am buying groceries for my screaming brats as my no good husband stays at home waiting for his unemployment check - maybe then I'll appreciate the humor in accepting the stereotype early.

But there were an awful lot of cute single-looking men with carts full of frosted flakes in there. Maybe I should go back in and flaunt my newly-married status. I hear that reels them in.

Mrs. Greggory you're trying to seduce me.
Aren't you?

6 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, you're killing me.

Cheryl said...

Devon could also be a girl's name--you could be Ms. Devon Greggory. But that wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

You lesbians with your one track minds. sheesh. :^)

Hyperion said...

So what does it take to seduce you?

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

Pretty much a guy that doesnt belch frequently, might be able to speak in something other than grunts, and who will bring ME the popcorn while watching scrubs.

Hyperion said...

Hey, I think I'm in there! (Grunt Grunt) Oh wait....